Monday, February 3, 2014

863 Days

More imaginary friend than anything else
I spent far more time with you in my head

I can't think about it anymore, whether 
I am hopelessly screwed up, damaged 

for how I love, 
why I love, 
who I love 

I don't know if it is unfair to judge
a 1/6th failure rate so harshly 
or not 

What I do know is when you wrenched
yourself away from 
me, when we parted, 
that imaginary friend left a jagged hole

I will think something and think of you, 
so turn to him and then as if struck 
by a mental gasp 

I realize that he 
was mainly me
in the first place, 
I was the he that 
was you by proxy 
in my head

And I kind of realize 
He's still here 
If I want 
Because I am 

and that is simultaneously 
so fantastic yet so ..... 

well I don't say words like that 
in poetry 







No comments:

Post a Comment