Saturday, February 1, 2014

There is a meme ....

That jokes about hiding a Batman suit in your own closet
To "F" with your potential future dementia'd self ....
It is a funny idea made even more interesting that it is suggesting "punk'-ing ourselves

How do I say this?

We do it already.  Everything you already do and have in your closet
May potentially "F" with your understanding of reality

While a very stubborn opinionated man, my father was not without his talents and he had his fingers in a lot of confusing and complicated pies.  A year or so after his stroke found me trapped at his computer while he scrolled to email after email asking, "What does this mean?"

Some of them were emails where he was the sender.

Nearly all of them were about subjects in which we did not share common interests.  After helping him understand who had written the email and who it had been sent to, I was forced to repeatedly admit.  "I don't know."

You are already creating dozens of things you will no longer remember or understand should dementia be in your future.

I have come to wonder if we only have a very small percentage of control in our lives and the people who are "control freaks" burn out all of theirs on the front side of life.

It seems to me, dementia doesn't have to be such a bad thing after all.  Like every other experience, it is only a question of whether you choose to be happy or not.

It also seems to me that anyone who can truly embrace the notion of being happy with dementia is exactly the sort of person who will probably never have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment